- it makes great candles that burn cleanly (no black smoke)
- it makes very long lasting candles (they burn for about 5 hours per OUNCE of wax)
- coconuts are a sustainable crop which means they regrow quickly
- coconut wax is made by a natural process (it is cold-pressed)
1. Start with coconut wax and melt it in a BIG pot. We always have our Lucky Gnome (he can be seen in the left background) to ensure a successful candle making process.
3. A few drops of dye goes a long way. I prefer subtle colors so they will enhance any home decor style my customers may have.
5. Pour the wax and be careful to not drip on the outside of the jar cuz then someone has to clean it up!
2. Use 100% Cotton Wicks glued to the bottom of the jar. Natural is always better (no metal zinc core burning)
4. Add the carefully curated premium grade fragrance oil. Sophisticated scents, no "perfumery" smells on my watch.
6. Tie the wicks so they stay straight while the wax solidifies.
7. Quality control is essential. I train my employees (my adult children) to the point that borders harassment because I want every candle to be "Nearly Perfect in every way" (as Mary Poppins says when she measures herself!)